Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 5

Today we pitched the ideas of our short films to the class and received many valuable feedbacks. We decided to make two films. The first one will be a documentary video in the form of interview. The interview will be in relation to the outfits of the club party animals on the weekend nights. The other one will be the interactive film as we discussed last week. The story line basically center around an average uni student’s general day but in a game mode. Endings will be set up, audience need to finish the day (reach the different endings) by choosing the options from different tasks such as how much they will spend on friend’s birthday.

As the cinematographer, I watched some interview documentary and interactive videos on Youtube (such as "Jubliee Boat Party Interview with Louise da Tease" and "Dress Us!" ), I think I have had the general ideas in mind of how my two films will be looked like. The interview documentary, we’ll interview people who are wearing gorgeous, unique, standout or interesting clothes and stuff outside of the night club while they are lining up. When we are recording, I’m going to hold camera by hands instead of using the tripod because the outcome is going to be more natural and effective especially after postproduction. The second film, the interactive video, we decided to shoot it in the audience’s point of view, so the actor’s face will not be appeared, only his hands will be in the frames. Toula told us me that to shoot this kind of scenes, I just need to stand behind the actor and hold the camera higher him and that’s it. I have to try very hard to cooperate well with the actor.

I met the boss Kenneth Lee of the club event organizing company Next Generation Entertainment later today. He had given me the oral permissions of shooting around Brooklyn Hotel on Friday nights and Martin Place Bar on Saturday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment